Flo pointed out last week that it seems like the pax are getting stronger. YHC agreed and thought it was time to measure our collective baseline fitness so we can see just how much we’re improving over time. In the spirit of you vs. you, YHC borrowed a general template introduced by Jumanji from the Jax Pax. With a few modifications, the Baseline Fitness Drill (BFD) was born.
Conditions: Clear with shrinkage-inducing temps
10 x SSH IC
10 x Imperial Walkers IC
20 x Toy Soldiers IC
10 x Peter Parkers IC
- 10 x Merkins IC
Partner up for form accountability. One pax works while the other squats and spots. Flapjack.
1 min. max Merkins (chest to cone, full elbow lockout)
2 min. max Big Boy Situps (CMU on feet)
2 min. max Thrusters w/ coupon (90 degree squat, full overhead extension)
10 min. max Burpees (Spartan race rules)
For the fastholes, we finished off with the Beep Test:
Cones 20m apart
- Run from cone to cone before beep, miss 2 consecutive beeps and you’re done
- Each level the beeps get faster
Individual results are saved HERE. Check the sheet and add a goal for yourself the next time we run the BFD. Aye!
- YHC will tweak the BFD structure next time to minimize the amount of time spent waiting on partners and writing down scores, but solid work by the pax all around!
- Flo paraphrase: “I had to freaking Google ‘sans’ to find out whether you were wearing a restrictor plate or not! Who uses ‘sans’ in a conversation? Is this the 1800s?!”
- Thank you to the pax who pushed me to leave it all on the field for the beep test by relaying with me the last few rounds! #HIMs
- YHC left the pax with a simple thought – you can’t coast in fitness. You’re either getting better and pushing the rock up the hill, or you’re sliding back down the hill. As Flo says, let’s #livesore.
- 5K/8K race in Madison Dec. 12 – Register here or see Flo for details
- No PCH beatdown on Thanksgiving, cave work ideas will be shared via Slack
- Prayers for Frenchy’s job search